A DVD/download is now available which demonstrates acupressure techniques for labour.
Perfect for pregnant women and their partners, as well as health professionals working
with pregnant women.
For more information on the DVD click here.
The videos from the "Pain Relief in Labour DVD" are also available from the Apple iTunes and Google Play store.
The information on this site is to encourage women and practitioners to use acupressure
and acupuncture. It is intended to expand the range of treatments offered to women
throughout pregnancy and childbirth to promote optimal health during pregnancy and
the opportunity for natural childbirth.
The web site is broken down into two sections. These are the acupressure and acupuncture
components of treatment.
This section contains information on using acupressure points to help women prepare
for labour, to use as pain relief during labour, to assist with after pains and
establish breast feeding postnatally. These acupressure points can be used by women
and their support people to encourage the body's optimal response to the stresses
of labour, promoting an efficient labour and recovery. Here you will find information
in the form of:
- A free downloadable illustrated acupressure booklet and links to youtube videos
demonstrating point location
- Information on using acupressure for problems such as induction and posterior positioned
- Feedback from midwives, women and support people
This section is intended to provide information about the use of acupuncture treatment
during pregnancy. It contains practitioner handouts that are free to download. Under
the acupuncture section you will find information on:
- How acupuncture can be useful in promoting fertility, its use in prompting health
during pregnancy, natural labour and postpartum recovery
- Western medical research on the use of acupuncture in fertility and pregnancy
- Feedback from midwives on using acupuncture in pregnancy and labour
- Free downloadable hand outs on the use of acupuncture, dietary therapy and specific
advice on optimal foetal positioning and using moxibustion therapy
- A chapter on breech and posterior positions from my text book for acupuncturists
- Information about seminars for acupuncturists, midwives and doula’s including seminars
currently available online