A DVD/download is now available which demonstrates acupressure techniques for labour.
Perfect for pregnant women and their partners, as well as health professionals working
with pregnant women.
For more information on the DVD click here.
Acupuncture and Infertility Research
Traditional Chinese medicine has a long history of treating women’s health
problems, with texts from 200 BC describing medicinal plants to treat
infertility. Today Traditional Chinese medicine specialists have adapted and
incorporated these traditional applications into modern fertility treatment.
This has resulted in clinical feed back and research suggesting that acupuncture
is capable of significantly enhancing fertility.
This reseach has included:
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing pregnancy rates when used prior to and
post embryo replacement
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing blood supply to the uterus and ovaries
- The effect of acupuncture in regulating hormones directly involved in follicle
development and implantaion
- The effect of acupuncture in increasing sperm motilitly and reducing the
presence of abnormal sperm
- Abstracts and details of publication for this research are available here
Acupuncture also offers woman and their partners the opportunity to prepare for
conception through optimising their health.
This can be directed at specific health problems such as polycystetic ovarian
syndrome and irregular menstrual cycles through to general health problems such
as stress and can be used as a sole treatment or used in conjunction with
western medical fertility treatment.