This section contains information on using acupuncture to support the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy labour and postpartum recovery. It contains information and handouts that are free to download. On the blue side bar on this webpage you will find information on:
How acupuncture can be used in supporting the physical and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy, labour and postpartum
Research on the use of acupuncture for specific conditions such as nausea, back and pelvic pain, breech presentation and prebirth acupuncture to prepare for labour.
Feedback from midwives on using acupuncture in pregnancy and labour
Free downloadable handouts on the use of acupuncture, dietary therapy and the use of moxibustion therapy
A chapter on breech and posterior positions from my text book for acupuncturists
Information about seminars for acupuncturists midwives and doula’s, including seminars currently available online.
Acupuncture, acupressure, cupping and moxa can be used to address a wide range of issues such as:
• Lower back pain and pelvic pain
• Headaches and migraines
• Heart burn/ constipation /Haemorrhoids and varicosities.
• Insomnia and sleep issues
• Stress management
• Labour preparation from 36 weeks to encourage beneficial pregnancy hormones, assist cervical ripening & optimal fetal positioning
• Preparation for VBAC, medical induction or planned Caesarean section
• Postpartum recovery and breast feeding issues.